View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #24
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

It's kind of hard for me to give an opinion since I haven't played any of the Gabriel Knight games yet (they'll follow after my LucasArts replays).

But since I think the Broken Sword games are seriously overrated, I will probably like GK better. The first two Broken Sword games were decent to good, but really nothing special (and they're definitely not in the least bit funny - apart from the cheap "innocent American" shot in BS1's opening).
And since I've never even gotten my BS3 game to run after installing it (just getting a black non-responsive window - even on 2 different PC's with two different operating systems), I'm not too keen on applauding that series...

I'll need to get back to this thread in (an estimated) two months, after I've played the GK-series. But since that has Tim Curry in it (whom I have on my 'cool'-list for cult reasons alone), and I already liked (though not loved) the "lesser Jensen"-game Gray Matter, I'm sure I'll have no problems enjoying the GK-games...