View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #14
geosouv
Adventure lover

Send a message via Yahoo to geosouv

@MoonBird

I see. Very interesting. Greece also is full of neighboring enemies. Such as: Turkey (mainly), Albania, and FYROM. Everybody wants a part of our soil and it has been like this throughout Greek history.

The English also did some horrible crimes in Greece (e.g. Cyprus and Greek civil war after 1945). Winston Churchill, apart from being an alcoholic, was very selfish as a leader, conservative and very sly. He wanted to completely dominate Greece. Well, actually he didn't quite make it in the end. The Germans wanted the same thing with their Kings. They still hate Greece (as seen in their magazines) because of our great resistance during WW2.

The list goes on and on, but also there are some friends such as the French, the Russians, the Serbs, Bulgarians really like us and we like them. Some of our traditional dances also exist in Bulgaria (as part of their tradition). Of course, during the Balkan wars (1st and 2nd) we fought together with the Serbs against the Bulgarians but that's too old history now. We should forget this part of History.

It looks like Finland, as well, as a small nation had to deal with many fascists and domineering - big nations and this means we have a lot in common

It is very interesting that you can understand the Ugric language. Does your language have more vowels or consonants? Ours has a lot more vowels because it is a Mediterranean language.

I'd like to learn Spanish and Japanese because they are both languages with a lot of vowels, especially Japanese are full of vowels. I took some Spanish lessons but they changed the teaching methods from when I was a child learning English, and I couldn't really adapt to the new style of learning.

I have decided to learn Spanish by studying language learning books on my own. That will suit my needs better. Haven't bought them yet though (I don't have a lot of money right now).

That's it for now, take care.