View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

I have this game on the DS.

If I remember correctly, it took me about two weeks to finish it. Maybe about 12 hours of actual playtime? By comparison a bit more than Puritas Cordis, but a lot less than Lost Horizon (which is one of the longest I've played since Grim Fandango).

Tunguska had great production values. Cutscenes looked great on the DS, and the overall visuals were very detailed compared to most other DS-titles (and yes, I know it's a port).

Puzzles were good, but a bit uneven. Some puzzles were really fleshed out - the fixing of a flat bike tire was pure genius (the only thing missing was me not getting my own hands dirty on that one ) - while some others were so easy that a caveman could solve them...

Same thing with the story and the characters. While none of it is really bad, it's also not that good either. It's all a bit bland, making for a good, but definitely not great, game.

And I think the same can be said about the sequel Puritas Cordis, too: great visuals, good production, mediocre story and characters.
Although it's kinda hard for me to compare the visuals between the two, because I have the PC-version of Puritas Cordis, and there's a big difference in screen size with the DS...

All in all, good game, but in need of improvement (and better writing). But hey, at least Tunguska got me interested enough to check out Puritas Cordis, so that ain't bad at all...