View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
m0ds

Default AdventureX 2011 - official announcement

Greetings adventure game fans, point & click lovers and game designers the world over. I'm here to announce the first of hopefully many AdventureX gatherings taking place this year in the UK just before Christmas.

AdventureX is a humble gathering for fans, players and designers of adventure games - with previews and games to play, special guests with interesting talks and general tomfoolery as we open the world of point & clicks up to the public.

This year is the birth of the event, so it's a little smaller than originally planned. We've got a nice venue with plenty of space for people to come and play some games, meet other fans and developers, have a drink and listen to our guests talk about adventure game subjects. It's taking place over two days on the 17th and 18th December just next to Didcot Parkway station in Oxfordshire.

I had previously hoped to host it in London but I'm afraid for this first edition that won't be possible. Despite that fact, Didcot itself is quick and easy to reach from London by train, and many other major cities in the UK. We have parking right next to the event that costs £2 for 24 hours.

So, if you are interested, please visit http://adventurex.eventbrite.com to get a ticket! I will be honest - if less than 20 tickets are shifted, we won't be able to afford the venue. So tell your friends, get them to come along too.

Don't forget to use the discount code ONIONRINGS11 for a small discount on the ticket price!!

So what's happening at this years AdventureX?
» Chris Bateman, designer of Discworld Noir is coming to give a talk on Saturday
» Alasdair Beckett, designer of Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy speaking on Sunday
» Yahtzee - delivering a special adventure game audio message on both days
» Over 25 new adventure games, free & commercial - for you to preview, play & take home
» Various daily debates about 2d & 3D art, selling games, audience psychology & more
» Plenty of space to work on your own games, meet other developers etc
» Licensed bar with beer, wine, tea & coffee
» Mince pies and an afternoon buffet for free

If you're not ready to get a ticket yet and just want to know more, you can find plenty of info on the AdventureX website:

screen7.co.uk/adventurex/

Of course, any questions you have - do feel free to reply here, or send me an email personally, (using the contact page on the website). If YOU have your own game, or if you feel you have an interesting talk to give - get in touch! I'm happy to showcase any adventure game and would welcome anyone who feels they can deliver an interesting speech.

Finally, I'd just like to tell you the list of things happenning at this years AdventureX is going to continue to grow from now up to the day it starts, so keep an eye out as I continue to secure more cool stuff for the event!

That's about it. Thank you for reading, and hopefully see you at AdventureX 2011!

Regards,
Mark Lovegrove

- organiser

Last edited by m0ds; 11-01-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Spelling