View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 05:28 AM   #1
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Default AG Meet - Hastings - Saturday 26 May

As promised, this is the follow-up to my suggestion that a AG forum meet-up is held in Hastings, a town I know quite well.

Basic Hastings Tourist Information

Proposed activities include a bespoke guided tour of the historic old town, crazy golf, exploration of the smuggler's caves or a look round the castle. Also looking at having a meal in the late afternoon as at the Amsterdam meet.

How to get there

• By Rail - Rail lines come into Hastings from London Charing Cross in the North, Brighton in the West and Ashford in the East. Ashford International has a Eurostar stop at it so anyone coming across from the continent by that route has a relatively easy connection through.
  • By Air - Gatwick is on a direct rail line to Hastings.
  • By Road - Various routes in. Probably best to PM me if you want more specific instructions.
  • By Narwhal - Nice shallow beach to land your narwhal on so, as long as you don't have a particularly deep-hulled narwhal, you should be able to coast in nicely. North side of the English Channel, about a quarter of the way along from the East end.
I have various details for accommodation ranging from small B & B's to swankier hotels. If people prefer I can post a few details of various places here or you can PM me for a more personalised service.

There is a local place that hires out wheeled transport for individuals where required. I promise that I won't push anyone under a tram this time (we don't have trams in Hastings any more so it is an easy promise to keep )

I'm suggesting toward the end of May, as I believe at least one member of the forums is already proposing to be in the UK around that time.

Over to you lot for thoughts, suggestions and queries.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

Last edited by stepurhan; 11-01-2011 at 11:26 PM.