View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
cesarbittar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Thanks for the detailed explanation. It's funny, I've heard that about the story and it doesn't turn me off. I can't even remember what the stories were about in FF3 and FF4, and Eternal Sonata's was pretty ridiculous but that didn't stop me from keeping with it. Usually I'm a story whore but there's something about JRPGs that keep me coming back even if the story's nonsense. I guess I need a change of pace from adventure games.

Unfortunately I can't play FF10 on my PS3 (it's not backward compatible for PS2 games, only for PS1).
Hey

FF13 is ok. Never as good as VIII or X, but it's a good game, ONCE you get past the 15 hours mark. Before then, it's extremely linear, and I'd dare to say boring.

There are parts about the story that make absolutely no sense, but there are sections that are very good in terms of good drama and action sequence.

The fight system is basically a turn based system where you control your main character, and have modes to control the other characters. It's complex like any other Final Fantasy, and it's turn based, just in its own way.

For FFX, wait until it comes out in HD soon! You definitely should play that one!

If you have an Xbox, and you want an extremely good turn based jrpg, check out Lost Odyssey, from a lot of the same people that made Final Fantasy. That's probably the best JRPG I've played in a while, and I fully recommend it, and knowing you, you'll enjoy it a lot. There are a bunch of mini stories told through the game that are mesmerizing like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vvZBiufSsA

Game has great graphics, good open world, it's a real gem!
www.postudios.com