View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #12
TommyTheTurnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloDiablo View Post
The name on the boat is not the name of the artist nor an easter-egg.
Ah thanks for clarifing, that makes more sense, I've been in situations myself where an artist tries to put a huge graffiti of his name in the background or a huge picture of him on every newspaper on the street, but good to hear that is not the case here.

@hotspot aka. captain obvious: Thanks but I was just saying that:
a) he'd realized atmosphere sells (because even tho he didn't make it himself, he's very aware of the sales-figures)
b) he'd have the money.. (even tho Josh probably gets the largest cut I would think that with the game selling 3x more than dave expected he would at least have made enough money to make sure the game would be on same graphics level as Convergence), (obviously I'm wildly guessing as I'm not his accountant, hence the "I think")

Edit: Wait, I just got the Wadget newsletter where it says Deception has broken the sale record of Geminie (in only a few days), so I guess I was wrong; atmosphere doesn't sell (I was under the impression that GR was and would be overperforming the blackwell series because of its atmospheric graphics grabbing ppls attention), so I guess the guy knows his audience very well (even tho he missed out on me this time)

Last edited by TommyTheTurnip; 10-16-2011 at 07:16 AM.