Thread: ds adventures
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
Mikekelly

Default Last King of Africa

If you are looking for an excellent Third Person game on the Nintendo DS - I highly recommend "Last King of Africa" it is amazingly good - and seems to be bug free compared to the Paradise - the PC version.

The game plays very similarly to Syberia on PC but with some nice touches thanks to the touch screen and dual screen on the DS. If any of you are familiar with broken sword, syberia, sam and max, beneath a steal sky and games of that nature then this is definitely worth a look. The touch screen is perfectly calibrated and effective, the top screen constantly displays a map of the area which prevents you from getting disoriented going from location to location.

While this game is a fairly loose remake of the old PC game 'Paradise'. I must emphasize the word 'loose' in that sentence. While the great story and plot are fully in tact there are additions to this great tale that make it well worth your time. New characters, rewritten scripts, new animations and cinematics all add charm.

I just finished it and it was an amazing journey through Africa. I thought Syberia 1 and 2 on the PC were stunning and this game can join those two in my great adventure games worth playing twice category.