View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Nice review there, Rolandesch!

I also played Broken Sword for the first time on the PS, and I thought... what the hell is this!? I was familiar with the style of gameplay, thanks to Simon the Sorcerer (my first adventure), but I wasn't expecting it from a PlayStation game. After a few minutes of playing, I was hooked thanks to the characters, story and atmosphere. I also share your experience with the towel puzzle in Ireland thanks to the controller. I remember being stuck in Ireland for ages as I couldn't work out how to open that door in the excavation site. Thankfully, Broken Sword is one of those games I managed to crack all on my own means we, too, never had access to the internet/walkthroughs. The one thing I hated the most about the PS version is those damn loading screens! My God, they were everywhere! And long!

A few years later when I got it on PC I was quite surprised at the level of graphics quality and detail; I could actually see the characters faces!

But yes, Broken Sword 1 is probably my all time favorite adventure, too! I doubt I'd ever get sick of giving it replays.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour