View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #212
Jabod

Like others I've been following development of Stasis and, like others, I'm impressed. Now for the constructive criticism

Having watched the video I'm with those that have commented on the readability of the text and also the clarity of the audio where spoken (did you know that the diagnostic speech in the first screen sounds remarkably like Aaron Connors in Overseer in the underground lab when giving the background to the Overseer project?). Plus, when the actual diagnostic is displayed (final screen), the text display is on screen for too short a period of time & I'm a fast reader. Also your descriptions are a dead ringer for those in Noctropolis (odd how both of those games are current threads here) but this is no criticism. As in Noctropolis it adds to the ambience.

Having said all that I then downloaded a copy of the video (hope you don't mind) to try natively. Downloaded as an MP4, 1280x720, 148KBPS (46MB if you're interested). Sound is slightly inproved if still somewhat indistinct but text is rather better but still not as clear so as to enable easy ready. I appreciate the problem here: too bright and it takes away/detracts from the atmosphere you are trying to generate - and as far as I'm concerned doing well at - but too vague and (particularly for people with vision problems) the player loses "connectivity" with the game experience by having to concentrate on the text.

Will I purchase a copy when it's available? Yes, and for 2 reasons.

1. Such enterprise and hard work deserves support and reward.
2. It looks a bloody good game!