View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #211
Pyke

I'm trying to keep it to 2-4 megs per scene, and making sure I use things like slightly compressed JPG's where no transparency is needed, and OGG as a sound format for things that don't need surround sound.

Im also being very careful with memory management, so that things are preloaded when needed, and unloaded when you leave the scene. But yeah-STASIS isn't going to be in the Ben Croshaw size of games that are a few megs at most.

Where I know the biggest hit is gonna be is with the cinematics...I really need to find a good codec!

For the downloads of the game, I'm thinking of splitting it up for different people on different connections. So having a mega download for those with a fast connection, and then having the game split into say...4 pieces for people with slower speeds. Each piece would be playable, so you would download the first piece, and when you finished it would 'patch up' to the second piece of the game. Its still quite a while away tho! But I am thinking about these things. Preplanning and all that.