View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #232
tsa
Playing character

It is remarkable to see how rabbits can like one person and not care for the next person at all. I still don't know what heir criteria are, but I do know that I have to be careful in choosing who to ask to take care of them when I am away for a weekend or so.
My rabbits also don't get constant attention. When I'm at home they can walk around freely in the living room or the garden, and be rabbits. Sometimes Annabel comes to me for a stroke or two. Klaas doesn't like to be stroked much but he often pushes his nose against my feet and licks me if he gets the chance. I then tell him he is a brave rabbit, and he beams .
In the evening when they are back in the cage I spend 10 - 20 minutes stroking them. They like that a lot; even Klaas sometimes gnashes his teeth then. Rabbits do need attention otherwise they will defend their territorium against you, but if you want a pet to stroke all day you'd better buy one at Toys 'r' Us.

Isn't Lucky lonely Jazz? Klaas gets very confused and upset when Annabel is not around.