View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #9
diego

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire! Looks like someone has been preparing big fat post after all.

As i said here, i managed to run non-GOG version under XP, and everything is working nice so far. As Fien said, unofficialtexmurphy is your best bet if you're having trouble, and there you'll find also this guide for turning CD into DVD version.

Now, every time in the past when someone was to say he/she is playing for the first time some classic like Monkey Island or Gabriel Knight, i've been sorta jealous, but now i feel like in that role My only experience with Tex Murphy games so far was with Martian Memorandum couple of years ago but i experienced some bug near the beginning, and Overseer seems like a great way to start the series since it's a retelling of MM.

I'm only at the beginning, and just left the office for the police station. It's true, moving around is a little bit clunky, mostly because of looking down and up which makes things easier to miss, but somehow it also adds to more realistic atmosphere. Apart from the client girl who reminded me why i love FMV (i think MM also featured some nice feasts for the eyes, so i'm liking Tex Murphy series already ), some of the impressions right at the start are nice descriptions of the surroundings, in a typical private eye manner, and 3D graphics which holds up. So, interface and inventory are the only things which will need some time to get used to.