View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
terhardp

I personally find it hard to resist when I see screenshots of Pendulo's games. I love realistic graphics in games as much as cartoon approach, but I tend to lean toward the latter a bit.

Pendulo's visual style is defintely their strong point, but I've also like their colorful characters and voice-acting, at least when talking about Runaway triology. Their last game, The Next BIG Thing, continued the tradition in some way, but IMO the end result was rather disappointing. The main reason (for me) was the creatures for sure, but the story also simply wasn't fun and engaging like in their previous games. Therefore, I expect this upcoming game to put them back on the right track. Judging from the look of the main character and the story synopsis, I'd say things are looking promising.

As for the side discussion in this topic.. I don't agree with the claim that the adventure genre is overflown with the horror-based titles. I'd say that it's a rather fair market; you can find equal share of both light and dark themes. The only question is your particular taste and the quality of the title itself. And, of course, the magic ingredient: the atmosphere.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III