View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #11
cbman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsampikos View Post
This will be surely a nice dark-horror adventure game. Since Pendulo creates technically (Graphics, Sound, Gameplay) games, which are the "definition" of adventure games, I think this game will be success. But there is an issue. Pendulo has changed the style of the story. They have chosen to create a horror/dark adventure game. The adventure games scene is "sick" because of these games. The same again and again. That's why the whole genre whas driven to decadence in the last 10 years. What did adventures games miss? The crazy storys full of fun. Happy scenarios and unforgettable characters. The elements which are responsible for the huge success of the adventure games in the 90s and beginning of 2000s. Games like Gilbert Goodmate, Next big thing, the Runaway series, Ankh series, Day of the Tentacle,back to the Future,tales of Monkey Island,the Riddle of Master Lu, Jack Keane, Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island, a Vampyre story, etc. are the type and style of games which the adventures scene needs. What difference does it make if you play Still life or Art of Murder, Asylum or Case of John yesterday. It is like re-chewed food. They might be good games, but there is no history innovation, no elements like described above. Adventure gaming is famous because it was known to offer fun,laugh, crazyness and not dark scenario, macabre plot and dark/negative thoughts.

This is the most contradictory thing i've ever read. You say the adventure
game 'scene' is 'sick' because of horror games 'again and again' and your solution is that they should instead make Lucas Arts style games again and again. Surely those games are equally like 'rechewed food'. What about people like me who don't like them? You think adventure games should stay just for you? I can't see how that will 'cure the sickness'. What a solution for success: be less diverse!

What a disinegenuous way of saying your tastes are superior to others and they should only make games that appeal to you.