View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #120
Hoipolloi

A little something on Youtube for the folks waiting for the Game of the Year Edition :

Deus Ex Human Revolution (Beta) Speedrun - Hard Mode - Mission 1
Deus Ex Human Revolution (Beta) Speedrun - Hard Mode - Mission 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution (Beta) Speedrun - Hard Mode - Mission 3*
* Here it's starting to get really cool...

DXHR loading screen

The game has got those unskippable conversations (nag) and quite substantial level loading times (mega-nag), the facial animations aren't so hot, they have been cutting corners, literally, on the NPC characters' voicework... oops, I take back that last part, listening to the NPCs is actually pretty cool. One thing I definitely like is the main character.

So while the game has its flaws, I guess it's pretty good. Let's just say, it persuaded me to join your side.

For comparison and fondly remeniscing, I downloaded these speedruns of the previous game a while ago: Deus Ex | Deus Ex Invisible War (High quality is highly recommended). They have their hilarious moments, like how to pass time 'til the infolink shuts up, by harrassing the NPCs. The "grenade jump" technique used in DX is delicious to behold, or how to end up in MJ12 detention with all your precious equipment intact... Or how to skip the main task by getting an NPC to open a door for you. Deus Ex has a serious cuteness factor for me nowadays.

Last edited by Hoipolloi; 08-30-2011 at 02:33 PM.