View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #2116
terhardp

Yesterday, I've started playing "Broken Sword - The Shadow of the Templars: The Director's Cut". At first, I've thought that I was going to skip the remastered versions of both "Broken Sword" games, but the games dry season just kicked in for me. I've finished the first part of the game with Nico, and today I will continue with George at the cafe. There are some details about the game that I don't like much, such as mini-portraits during the dialogs and the fact that the game doesn't begin with the famous "Paris in the Fall" phrase. Still, the spirit of "Broken Sword" can be felt in the air. So far, I can tell there is enough story differences from the original as well as the visual appearance of the game to make it "worth playing" to the fans like me who have played the original games several times. I expect the same from the remastered version of "The Smoking Mirror" which I will play next. The original "The Smoking Mirror" was the first adventure game I've played on the PC, so it will always have a special place in my heart.

The big question is, should one recommend the newcommer to "Broken Sword" to skip the originals and start with the remastered versions instead? I think not, but the seasoned fans will IMO find enough reasons to reexperience the games this way.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III