View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #269
crabapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I witnessed the competition, fights, feuds between the various forums almost from the start (GB, JA, FFC, AG) and I was always on FFC's side in the war with JA that now hardly anybody remembers. Did you know that the forum filter at JA won't allow you to post the words Four Fat Chicks? How childish can you get...
I didn't know about the filter, but it doesn't surprise me. From what I heard, FFC split off of JA after Randy of JA found out that one of the people he'd trusted to manage the JA forum had been abusing members and deleting loads of posts from the archive (and possibly messing with the rest of the site -- I'm not sure). Maybe there was some sort of disagreement before that and the deletions were retribution. Many of the reviews that were formerly at JA were moved to FFC, and JA wasn't too happy about that. After FFC split off, the person responsible moved over there and was later accused of hacking/attempting to hack JA again. I had the impression that JA came on better terms with GB after that, with GB siding with JA against FFC.

I never had the impression that AG ever had a problem with any of the other sites -- maybe because it's based in Europe instead of the US -- though individual members may have had a problem with them.

It's interesting to explore the wayback machine and see what AG used to look like -- before they had to add the "s" to their web address. Here's what AG looked like around year 2000.
Wayback Machine web archive link