View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #266
zobraks
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
Did anyone mention the wonderfull voice of Gary?! I'm very attracted to men with wonderfull voices...
My friends and relatives call me James Earl Jones Name:  smart_ass.gif
Views: 148
Size:  441 Bytes (and not only because I'm fat and have a black tan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arial Type View Post
I beat the rats game in 5 minutes this time, but I remember it was also a nightmare for me back in 1998.
I don't understand how it can be done (beating the rats, that is): I need (at least) 0,8 seconds to fire a slingshot and those $@#*&ing critters show for only 0,5 seconds. If you tell me to aim and wait for a single rat to show - it doesn't work because the rats don't show at the holes you aim at .
So how am I supposed to shoot a rat?

I'll try Harald's strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harald View Post
it's great as long as you can just amble through. But when you hit a brick wall it's really solid.
My thoughts exactly, although that goes for almost every other adventure game .

Quote:
The game suffers from a handful of really bad design decisions (IMO) that hurt my enjoyment of it.... I mean, the balloon puzzle - where was the sense in that?
GAG is all about nonsense, and if you look at it in that way - everything is OK and 'logical' (in GAG's weird way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
Spoiler:
you can also look down when standing outside Margo's room, and see a mat, and underneath is the combination. When the game expects you to look under the mat for the combination to come in, and when you are locked in, you look under the mat again to find the combination to get out, the drawing makes a lot more sense
What a great joke, and I missed the first part of it (didn't look under the mat outside the room, only checked the one inside the room, the one that flipped me a bird ).

Quote:
And did anyone actually manage to hit any chickens?
I did. I think I stabbed two or three of them. It's not that I aimed much, mind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
... the correct title is GAG and not Gag.
Graphic Adventure Game?
How about 'Goofy Adventure Game'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
About the name GAG. The first time I heard the game mentioned was when Lakerz, from good old Four Fat Chicks, posted his list of rare adventures. That was many years ago, in 2000 I think. He used to say GAG stood for Girls Are Great, which makes perfect sense. I still think GAG simply stands for gag.
Is this the same Lakerz as on other AG forums? FFC is/was one of the most intersting AG-related places on the whole Internet.
Nice info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan donkers View Post
I have uploaded the making of pictures... try to make a clip of the ending and upload it to YouTube
Thank you very much for both the video and the pictures, JD!

Now, for the offtopic:
Spoiler:
Semifinals of the World Waterpolo Championship - Serbia:Hungary - 15:14 Name:  sa_slamkom.gif
Views: 150
Size:  1.1 KBName:  wave.gif
Views: 146
Size:  17.1 KB