View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:13 AM   #12
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I personally love the Kyrandia series. I started with Kyrandia 2, and then did my best to find the other two. And it was totally worth it. While they are each quite different, they are all great in their own way. And by playing all three of them you eventually get the complete story.

Also, Zanthia and Malcolm are two of my favourite characters. Brandon is okay, but he's a bit too...noble. That's not bad as such, but you get bored of it. That's what I disliked about the King's Quest games a bit. Sometimes you might want to hear a bit of humour from your character. I know it can be hard to do, especially if your character is overall not the type to crack jokes or make snarky commentary. But still, it gets tedious.

Then again, Zanthia doesn't try to be humorous. She's more of the: "Don't mess with me" type of character. But that's also much better than the "I'm as funny as a brick" type of character that tend to weigh down King's Quest. (The last real King's Quest with Rosella, the one in cartoon graphics finally realised that. But I remember Rosella being not much better in the older one featuring her.).

Anyway, I loved the Kyrandia series, like I said. It was really great.

Hmmm...I think I have to replay them now. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
I played the game with Zanthia long ago, with my little niece. I was happy to have found a game with a female hero than. Now female heros are common, but back then it was hard to find a game like this.
My favourite game is the third one. I loved beeing bad like Malcolm. And to see his wicked grin. For me it was a new experience to be the bad one in a game.
Old times!

You are right of course. And they did a great job with her, having an actually independent character instead of just being a not really defined character with boobs instead of dangly bits between the legs. (I'm looking at you, King's Quest series. Like I said, Rosella wasn't much different from her father and brother when you played them. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. But that's really how I remember them. Which I guess shows that if they had differences, they weren't quite defined enough to stick in my mind. Quite sad, actually, because the King's Quest series as such was not really bad.).

Aslo, this reminded me of an awful walkthrough I found back when first playing Kyrandia 2. The writer of said walkthrough made no secret of the fact that he was not delighted about having to play a Girl. I have no problem with people preferring to play their own gender in a game, but it's not as if you're going to die from it when you play the other side once or twice - it certainly didn't do me any harm controlling Brandon, Guybrush, Malcolm, Rincewind, etc.. Though I think I remember him eventually gaining some respect for Zanthia's abilities, he still seemed to consider he mostly as a piece of flesh, or some kind of object. A real chauvinist, really.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Last edited by Jazhara7; 07-18-2011 at 02:24 AM.