View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #51
diego

I've just entered the castle

Yeah, i'm a little behind but you all know the story about The Tortoise and the Hare so i'll catch up with you, although i'm certain there is something more to be done in the apartment, like something about the toilet and the ship, since i only
Spoiler:
unscrewed the screw at the bottom, but nothing more

the biggest trouble so far was
Spoiler:
climbing the cupboard
and especially
Spoiler:
using the magazine on mirror
, although I knew i had to browse the magazine in some way.

But overall, difficulty is just about right, spiced-up with constant red herrings. Indeed, i'd wish for a color inventory icons to ease the things but you get used to it. Afterall, it's easier when you know you can't combine items in a traditional way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
I like the way your environment responds to mouseclicks (especially the posters )
yes, and it's a good thing it's also not turning into mindless click-fest, since it's all more-or-less conected to the story with Gary's comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
...and Phantasmagoria.
yea , you need to click on mirror 3 times i think. For those who didn't play Phantasmagoria, it's a reference to Adrienne who on occasions makes her hair in front of mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
I'm a bit disappointed that the content is really mild.
but sometimes "less is better" but yes, i want my money back and also i wanna kill that penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
It never happened to me in all my days of adventuring.
what, you never loaded saved game only to find yourself at the beginning of the game? Pfff.. amateur! But i'm really the guilty party here since i had only one save game at a time (or even maybe i overrode it by accident ) but i had no other technical difficulties, beside that i need to play in windowed mode in order to alt-tab the game since in full-screen it would soon go black

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbman View Post
The main character reminds me of Gabriel Knight, which I find very amusing
yeap, and when i first saw Gary i thought - he reminds me of someone, other than a typical heavy-metal singer There's also an actor Branko Djuric, who had a popular comedy show in ex-Yugoslavia (which practically foretold everything that will happen politically in these areas) and Gary reminds me of him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
The “Globe of Taiwan” on Raundryman Rao’s Rist was like new.
Yeap, i really wanted that globe. Even more than that final "equipment" on list

Quote:
and the protective penguin is always cool

Quote:
Can someone please explain the point of the chase in the “wet dream” to me. Is the rhino trying to catch a bus or does it represent a kind of desirable vehicle for the tribesmen??
The point is probably - there is no point, it's like looking at high piece of art where you can't describe it but you know it's brilliant or MAYBE, they smoked the same stuff as those Disney guys I think i could almost hear:

I can stand the sight of tribes
Even double-decker bus
But miniature rhinoceros is really too much for me

But if we're really to make some logic out of it Gary is probably a formula race maniac

so, the driving motive is a formula car and race of some sort
but other than that, no i have no explanation for the rest of it

Last edited by diego; 07-14-2011 at 06:03 AM.