View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 AM   #19
zobraks
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
This game seems to be too hard for me . I didn't get far. Now I need the
Spoiler:
photo but I can't do anything with the one inside my wallet on the table. I got two videos accepted and got the ID and the housekeys and picked up the Iberium. Tried to find more to shoot (the dancing boobs and the original stocking girl weren't good enough) and to use anything and everything on the ID and the photo without luck.
Hey, you seem to be stuck at exactly the same point I am!
I sent a PM to Fien asking for help before you posted.

I just came home and will commence the play in half an hour. I expect to get unstuck in the next couple of hours.

I find something extremely frustrating/stupid:
Spoiler:
I have the gynaecologist name tag without picture and I have Gary's ID with his picture in and still I can't use the picture with the name tag. I guess I need the scissors or a knife (or an axe? ) to cut the bloody photo out of the ID! How come Gary can't rip the photo with his teeth or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Berkeley View Post
Does anyone know what codec is used for the fmv?
I don't.
Quote:
Is it that miserable QT? Of some 'version'?
I don't think so. The game was made in the reign of version 3.0 (QT) and I believe it's less notorious than versions 2.X I have the nightmares about too.
Either it's a different codec or the version of QT is compatible with the newer QT I have (6.5.1 it is on my XP SP2 computer). Either way I have no problem with video in GAG (or any other problem for that matter).

Quote:
I am hating particularly on QT at the moment, because, playing some other old game recently, I had to install 2 different versions of the GD thing AT ONCE to get the game to play properly... and then the game kind of sucked...
You have every possible reason to hate QT (I do hate it myself), but I don't think that's the issue with GAG. What operating system do you use?

P.S. I remember having a blank screen problem with video in Starship Titanic, but that was due to Intel video codec and adding a certain DLL in a game folder solved the problem.
Perhaps you can post your system specifications here to make it easier for someone more tech-savvy to help you. I'm only 'an advanced beginner user' .

Last edited by zobraks; 07-12-2011 at 03:53 AM.