View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #694
Kurufinwe

The end! 26/30, that's almost 90%: good job everyone! The four remaining ones were:

03. Ween the Prophecy, the maze in the temple of the Revuss.
09. Quest for Glory II, wandering in the streets of Raseir (which admittedly are not as hard to navigate as those of Shapeir, but I thought the music was easier to recognise). I keep using music from the QfG series, thinking they'll be quickly recognised, and most of the time they aren't --- am I the only one who loves those games?
14. Operation Stealth. That maze in the dark in the bad guys' base. The one with the rats...
19. Zak McKracken, in the Egyptian pyramid. From the rare FM-Towns version, which had audio CD tracks. ATMachine used that exact piece of music in this thread long ago, and I was very proud of myself for figuring it out, and so I decided to use it here.

In case people are interested in completing their collections (or, much more importantly, in getting ammunition for making a medley of their own for this thread), here are the sources used in this medley:
  • The composer's site (the jukebox) for the 2 Kyrandia games
  • CD audio tracks on certain games: Operation Stealth, Future Wars, Zak mcKracken (Zak's soundtrack can also be found on Soundtrack Island)
  • Official soundtrack CDs: The Sierra Soundtrack Collection (for Conquests of the Longbow; tracks from this CD can be found at QuestStudios), The Neverhood, Machinarium; for Indy 3, I used the movie soundtrack
  • Fan-made digital recordings: Sierra Music Central (Gabriel Knight, SQ5), QuestStudios (Larry 3, QfG2, KQ6, KQ4, QfG1, KQ5), Soundtrack Island (Indy 4), Mat Tyler's site (Pandora Directive)
  • Music extracted from the data files: directly (Keepsake), with Monkey Island explorer (MI1 and MI2 remakes), or with Game Extractor (Shivers, MI4, Dracula 3)
  • Mirsoft has a big collection of game MIDIs; that's where the music for The 7th Guest is from
  • For Loom, I used an unofficial soundtrack CD made by some Russian guy and some Japanese guy
  • The rest are personal in-game recordings: Ween (AdLib), Shadow of the Comet (AdLib), Dragonsphere (MT32)

And that's it! Thanks for playing, everyone!

Track list:
(00:00) 01. The Legend of Kyrandia, The Dragon Grotto [Esterlin]
(00:34) 02. Gabriel Knight, The Bayou [kate me]
(01:08) 03. Ween: The Prophecy, The Temple of the Revuss
(01:38) 04. Leisure Suit Larry 3, Patti in the jungle [Esterlin]
(01:55) 05. The Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcolm's Revenge, Cat Island jungle [Trunkyo]
(02:21) 06. Shivers, Subterranean maze [ollie]
(02:53) 07. Shadow of the Comet, The Crypt [diego]
(03:20) 08. The 7th Guest, Basement maze [ollie]
(03:46) 09. Quest for Glory II, Streets of Raseir
(04:13) 10. King's Quest VI, The catacombs [Esterlin]
(04:42) 11. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Lava maze [Esterlin]
(05:13) 12. Keepsake, The Dragonvale Oracle [ollie]
(05:43) 13. King's Quest IV, The troll cave [harald]
(06:04) 14. Operation Stealth, The rat maze
(06:29) 15. The Neverhood, Wall maze [SpeedBo]
(06:55) 16. Escape from Monkey Island, Mysts o' Tyme Marshe [SpeedBo]
(07:26) 17. Dragonsphere, The Fairies' maze [Shany]
(07:56) 18. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Venice Catacombs [Oscar]
(08:22) 19. Zak McKracken, Egyptian pyramid
(08:49) 20. Conquests of the Longbow, St Mary's hedge maze [SpeedBo]
(09:22) 21. The Secret of Monkey Island, Melee Island forest [SpeedBo]
(09:45) 22. Quest for Glory I, The Mage's Maze [Esterlin]
(10:06) 23. Machinarium, The brain game-thingie [Fien]
(10:32) 24. Future Wars, The alien base [SuperEdy]
(10:57) 25. Monkey Island 2, LeChuck's fortress [Shany]
(11:22) 26. King's Quest V, Mordack's dungeon [Esterlin]
(11:47) 27. The Pandora Directive, The Mayan temple [ollie]
(12:16) 28. Space Quest 5, The Goliath's vents [Shany]
(12:42) 29. Dracula 3, The path of the Immortals [SuperEdy]
(13:09) 30. Loom, The Dragon's tunnels [Shany]
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]