View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #6672
SweetDalilah
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post

Er... I don't think so.
I posted pictures from some obscure games, yes, but I wasn't the first to do that (I started playing here at the very end of 2009 - four years after the thread had been opened) and I also posted screenshots from Discworld, The Black Mirror, Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle, Gray Matter, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Starship Titanic, Grim Fandango (twice), Gabriel Knight 3. Besides, one (wo)man's obscure game is another (wo)man's well known game. It all depends on how much you know about the adventure games, I reckon.
What I actually wanted to say was that you shouldn't complain about how difficult is some screenshot (or if it is from a spanish, DS game or any other kind of adv. game) if you from time to time posted screens that are quite hard to guess yourself. It's a bit ironic don't you think? I for one have no problems with whichever screen someone posts, if I don't know it I won't try to guess it, but I won't complain about it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
That makes your complaint about the DS pic even more ironic. This thread is sometimes a contest between two or three posters who are having great fun both posting and google-guessing pics from obscure games which they haven't played and usually don't know all that much about. Other people (including me) have more fun actually recognizing pics. That's the main reason I started the quizzes.
Yes Fien I completely agree with you, I like to try to recognise photos myself rather than wasting my precious time searching for them. It sometimes seems like this thread is only about who will post the hardest possible screen and who will guess that same hardest screen.
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough