View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 03:40 AM   #263
Jannik

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalC2 View Post
Jannik, thanks for reiterating exactly what I said earlier (granted, it was sans the irrelevant, extra info regarding all those non-adventure games in the Indie Variety Pack. Oh well...).

Deals4Downloads.com is nice, but is not very comprehensive.
You didn't interpret my post the way it was intended. Not that it's necessarily your fault, could be my post wasn't clear enough. But why the sarcasm and hostility? How about clearing things out instead?

1) I just used your post as sort of a starting point passing on the information that for the same price you mentioned, it was possible to get the same deal + 4 other games.
2) It sounded to me, that you didn't know that the $10 price for Machinarium is now permanent (or maybe semi-permanent). To me it sounded like you saw it as a special offer, so I just chose to inform potential future buyers.
3) In my opinion, D4d is pretty comprehensive. Could be it sometimes takes a few hours before they are updated with the latest deals, and they sometimes miss a game or two, but that's because it's updated by people, and not automatically. I'm not saying they use every shop out there as a source if information, but I think they cover a lot: All the big shops like Direct2drive, Steam, XBLA, PS Store, GamersGate, etc + some minor ones.