View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #90
BluWacky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Where did you get the idea that Lace Mamba was responsible for the localisation?
I had presumed that in distributing the title in English language territories they would be responsible for localisation. In the branch of the entertainment industry I work in that's how it works - the licensee localises the product for their territory, then provides a copy of the translated script and a back-translator to my company as licensor for sign off and discussion.

The manual doesn't list a translator, nor does it list any of the English voice cast. It lists the entire German voice cast - with German character names, not localised - and several other job titles are untranslated from German.

I had to go into the in-game credits to find the localisation team, Translocacell, who are based in Germany. Unfortunately they don't credit individual actors with the parts they play.

I assume that Daedalic engaged Translocacell directly to translate the game into English and then shopped it to Lace Mamba "ready to go"? And Lace Mamba didn't check the manual they were printing to package up in the game was properly translated either?

I've spent more time researching this than I have playing the game so far! It seems okay - animation's improved from Whispered World at least...