View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #21
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Oh my god, this is the Adventure forum. Why on earth are you talking about climate change for? And climate change isn't even the topic of the thread.

And am I wrong when I don't think that, unlike the original poster, the radio isn't a proper channel to spread political message? To me all media should be as objective as possible...

Anyways, as everyone else, it would seem, I really don't see a problem in this department. (Most) Games, or at least adventure games, haven't turned into propaganda machines (for the most part - the worst are actually FPSs with the worst of course being America's Army - a recruiting tool for the US military (which is the outspoken purpose of it)) and what would be the point? These games are so small in their circle of reach that any effect would be nigh-pointless, especially since most people who play them are intelligent enough to have their own opinions and not be manipulated by forms of light entertainment (and because an attempt at propaganda would be usually detected and the game wouldn't get very good press).

So, I don't see what there is to discuss here, let's just move on.