View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #42
Dan_Dan_91_07

Thanks JackVanian and the people at Adventure-Treff!

That video is amazing; it’s full to the brim with content and much of it is extremely unique!

Loved is response to the Broken Sword 5 question!

Loved his response to the question on himself stating, in the past, that “2D point & click is dead”, that made me laugh and then smile!

I am not happy about one thing though. Charles Cecil said this in the interview - “We need to find ways of making games quicker to play, adventure games, because the idea of a character walking around a background feels very old fashioned.”
This is not what I want and I am sure I am not alone. Broken Sword 1 & 2, and all of the other classics for that matter, had this formula perfected down to a T. It does not feel old fashioned to me, neither did it when I was a child and I loved to play these games.

The majority of the adventure game market much prefers - the relaxing yet at the same time exciting, the immersive and the fascinating format, used with the original game. Am I not right?

I am thinking of possible contacting Mr Cecil and expressing my concerns, perhaps sending him some words from you guys as well? Or perhaps linking him to this page, if you guys agree with my view? I’m sure you guys do though, I mean think how often is this spoken about! LOL

"He's the small boy that you have to give the ball to in order to retrieve the toilet brush from the kebab seller."

stepurhan -

"Only in an adventure gaming forum would you see a sentence like this. "