View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #1514
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Phoenix Wright 3: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
The third and final episode with Phoenix Wright as the main character. Like the former two games it was originally made for GBA and was later ported to other platforms. I played the NDS version.

Story
Not as a direct sequel as PW2 was, PW3 does focus on a single question that left unanswered in the first two titles. I won't spoil the whole thing by revealing that question here, but in order to do so the backgrounds of some reoccuring characters will be heavily expanded on. There's also the addition of a new prosecutor with as great personality as the former ones.

Engine
No change from the former two. No added NDS level either. Read the former reviews I written on the engine itself.

Gameplay
The gameplay from the first two games returns in this sequel, there are only two minor things that is still a breath of fresh air. First the defense can be called as a witness, so you will have to spot contradictions in the testimony of someone you should defend. The second is that there are several occasions you will play as a character different than Phoenix Wright.

Verdict
Adventuregames stand and fall on their storylines. The fact that I was moved to tears a couple of times and dumbstruck from all the twists that was hailed at me like tropical rain should be enough for me to recommend PW3 once you played the first two of course.