View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #1512
Fantasysci5
Stalker of Britain

Just finished Kings's Bounty: The Legend.

Easily one of the best non-adventure games I've played, along with others (for me) like "Fable" and "The Sims 2". I much prefer turn-based strategy to real time, since I feel like all I do is point and do none of the work in real-time. In turn-based strategy, I make each move count, try to strategize so I don't loose too many of my troops, etc. And King's Bounty is turn based.

It took awhile to get used to some things. I wasn't used to loosing troops so easily, so I struggled to keep at least some of the original troop alive. I really loved using the royal snakes, the thorns that can spit from a distance and itch like a dog, and the dragons were awesome, especially the black dragon. I had never dealed with running out of suppliers of my favorite troops before, so when I couldn't find anymore Black Dragons, I made sure I never lost one.

This game was amazing. So freaking long, I was happy to see it end, and yet I wanted to battle some more. The complex stories and backstories were amazing. I loved that they got almost all mythical beings that I love in there. Elves, dwarfs, humans, vampires, orcs, demons, anything you can think of. And not only was there so much story in each race of beings that you could visit, the characters were hilarious and memorable. Some of their lines made me laugh out loud at the jokes, and I just loved them.

I just loved this game...period. Yeah, there were downsides, like having to run to different continents just o get more of my favorite troop, and then going back to the continent I was originally on to battle some more. Sometimes the wording was a bit off, but still...it was a gem of a game. <3
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes