View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
maladroid
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
That's interesting. Boyd's Elaine was probably my favorite performance in Tales of Monkey Island. Haven't played the SE, but in ME2 MI2 Elaine's most important scene is already written in a way that makes her rather bitchy. I don't think there's anything wrong with the voiceover making it even more so, but I'm just theorizing.
Actually, she was just as irritating in Tales for me but then again a lot of stuff bothered me in that game. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think that her performance somehow changed since COMI, and significantly so. I think it has something to do with underlining her British accent or something, but it may be that I just grew tired of listening to her in long dialogues (as Oscar suggested), whereas she used to be more of a secondary character initially, at least as far as "stage time" is concerned.

It is true that she is supposed to come off as bitchy during that particular MI 2 scene but, even so, the delivery kind of managed to stretch things in that direction.

PS: Oh my, apparently I've gotten involved in too many Mass Effect - related discussions as of late, haven't I?

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora