View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #167
millenia
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_93 View Post
I have been wondering the same thing. Though i was a little confused about his excuse...

Spoiler:
He dropped her as a baby and injured her, so when she began to walk he abused her?
Yeah those undertones were definitely there but after the game I leaned more towards 'no'.
Spoiler:
This dad clearly had issues, not only with April not being his biological daughter (I think he did know it, I don't remember how they got her now but even if he didn't he could 'sense' it or something). This 'excuse' may seem silly for a normal person but abusers have some very weird, twisted logic and they often do love the people they abuse. On the other hand it could just be that there actually was supposed to be sexual abuse and the final chapter was cleaned up to be more family friendly.

Anyway I have forgotten surprisingly much about this game, thinking about it now I probably should have joined this playthrough afterall .

SPOILER FROM DREAMFALL, BE CAREFUL
Spoiler:
Regarding to April not going back to her friends in the end, in Dreamfall she's been gone for years. I wont go into more detail just in case some people do read it despite the warning.