Thread: Dragon Age 2
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #54
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
Spoiler:
side with the Templars at the end... plays out exactly the same as siding with the Mages except for three or four lines of dialogue
agree with Grace's plan to kill Thrask in Act 1? doesn't matter, you end up working with Thrask and he and Grace become allies anyway
side with Petrice against the Qunari, just a few bits of different dialogue
Most of these scream cutting room floor, and are no doubt a result of the ludicrous time frame they where given to develop. Laidlaw tried and failed to come out in support of the shorter development cycle, ended up admitting he'd have liked longer and settled for a parting jab at Origin's development time. With so much hate for Origins its a wonder he got lead on DA2...

I was particularly miffed by the cut Viscount content. You actually press Petrice for her support if you kept her alive, you can question Bran for information on it, Sebastian talks about it non stop, and has an argument with Aveline about how much he supports Hawke for the position. If you're female and rivalmance him he gets all het-up over a union between the Prince of Starkhaven and the Viscountess of Kirkwall.

And its for nothing, its just handwaved that you always get the position if you support M in conversation, immediately after the act of terrorism... no matter what you where like or did before.

I kind of miss the 'shit... that's going to come back to haunt me' decisions. I still can't identify what the Magistrate did to get back at me for killing his son.