View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #66
kuze
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
And the award for Most Boring Game of the Year Decade goes to... Back to the Future Episode 3!

What a nightmare! Those felt like the three longest hours of my life, two thirds of which were spent wading through never-ending multi-level conversation trees, listening to entirely-uninteresting dialogue. And the remaining third doesn't have any redeeming quality: no exploration whatsoever, since you're just running around the same locations as in the previous episodes, hardly any puzzles, and the plot is just an entirely predictable stream of tired clichés... Ugh.

It's hard to believe that the company that made The Devil's Playhouse, one of the best adventure games ever, could be responsible for this piece of trash. (And people thought the whole Dragon Age 2 screw-up was bad!)
Couldn't disagree more. I got into BttF after the first episode released for free, bought the whole season immediately after finishing it. Every episode has been a great tribute to the movies and a fun adventure. It's everything I want from an episodic, casual game like this: it's short, uncomplicated and engaging. I enjoyed the dialogue, the voices are amazing and the plot is very much in the spirit of the original movies. Also, I hate puzzles.