View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
marcd2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
thanks for the additions and comments, and I did forget one myself. can't believe I forgot Shadow Of Memories/Destiny considering it's one of my favourites :S
In all my years of gaming, the only games i've played more than once are Monkey Island 1 and 2, Borderlands and Arkham Asylum. None of these have any replay value as in different content (although i suppose you could play as a different character in Borderlands but i didn't) but what they do have is either a fantastic story, huge amounts of fun, or both.

I don't think games with multiple endings or different paths have any replay value for me, because the majority of the game is still going to be the same, and considering i hate games without "quick save" because replaying even a 5 minute bit of the game winds me up to no end, playing the whole thing again just seems like a huge waste of time to me.

I'm the same with movies to some extent. When people say they've watched their favourite movie twice, back to back, or over 100 times in their life, i can't understand it. How can you not be bored of it? My favourite movie is Terminator 2 and i think i've watched that 4 or 5 times and that's plenty for the time being.