View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Venkman

I basically never replay games in any genre (at least before 10+ years pass), and different paths don't really interest me at all. I'd rather developers spend more time making the one path great. Or doing something like Warren Spector tries to do (and succeeded with Deus Ex) - there is basically one "path" but you can play it in vastly different ways. For me, Deus Ex was a stealth game that involved a lot of crawling through vents etc. - for others it was a FPS where you rush into every area through the front door with guns blazing.

I did replay adventure games quite a bit when I was a teenager, not any more. I have started going back to games that I haven't played in a decade plus. It's interesting - if I played an adventure game multiple times in say 1995, I will remember most of it now and won't get stuck. However, a game that I played just once within the last 2-4 years will be very new to me now. Sherlock Holmes and the Serrated Scalpel will be almost as hard as when I first played it in 2007 I'm sure, and I can't remember a THING about Rose Tattoo which I played after that.