View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #21
Gonchi
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I'm going to name the ones I was conflicted on so as to initiate discussion. It's a bit drawn out and contains spoilers of the games, so if you're just interested in knowing what the game is, highlight only the begging of the hidden text (with that said, sorry for the spoilers in the PM Fien, I thought you'd played these games already):

#1.
Spoiler:
Therese from Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh. My doubts on this one come from her scenes as a monster really being hallucinations by the protagonist, Curtis. The first of them in particular, has her being very feral with talons that I thought could count as a Vampire. In another hallucination she appears, as I can best describe it, as the Emperor from Return of the Jedi, and will kill you if you don't do anything (I think she's supposed to be a phantom). So, like I PMed Fien, my thoughts were if we counted the hallucinations, she could count as a vampire (considering we're counting as vampires other creatures that aren't really vampires, but pretty close, namely #9), but if not, then definitely a vamp.

#6.
Spoiler:
Annisette from Dracula Unleashed. I played this one ages ago, but I'm pretty sure that Annisette's scene as a vampire is merely a dream by the main character. Although she is bitten by Dracula, she doesn't turn during the game, or, if I recall correctly, even begin to turn. Unlike Therese, you cannot interact in the "vampire" scene in any way, and, again, if I recall correctly, the protagonist is awaken by a very angry Dr. Van Helsing as he was supposed to be standing guard. Like with #1, if we count the dream she's definitely a vampire, if not, I'd say vamp, because that's the other choice we were given in the quiz besides Vampire. My reasoning for picking vamp for Annisette but vampire for Therese was that, Annisette won't kill you in her scene, while if you do nothing in one of Therese's, she will and you'll get a game over.

#8.
Spoiler:
Javelin from Riana Rouge. Don't judge me. I've never actually finished the game... or got very far in it. (Too many reflex action scenes I couldn't handle... with just one hand. I kid, I kid.). I know at one point Javelin (or maybe someone looking like Javelin) attacks you, and if you do nothing you die and get a game over. I don't know if she/it turns into a vampire or something else, but I decided to apply the same criteria as I did with Therese, if you do nothing, you lose, so I chose vampire.