View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #28
haptsonir
BSC, SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Thanks fellow smeghead!

I'm definitely getting Planescape soon.
Cool. PST may seem overwhelming or whatever at first, but that's part of the charm of it. It's best taken slow, enjoying the reading and the figuring things out.

Bloodlines might be a more "beginner" friendly start. I don't know if it matters, PST isn't that difficult.

Also, there's nothing wrong with good old Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. The simple straight forward sword and sorcery adventure has never been done better on the computer, and they are a nice introduction to the Infinity Engine.

Quote:
Vampire Masquerade: Redemption" is on GOG slightly cheap, is that a good game too, or should I stick with Bloodlines?
Redemption is difficult to judge. It is badly flawed if you look at it objectively - most of the gameplay is simplistic filler combat grinding through repetitive levels (of course, this is much the same as many A-rated titles today...) and the controls are awkward at first. If you're able to look past that, however, it's got a wonderful atmosphere, excellent setting, great soundtrack, great art, and while the dialogue may not be be good in terms of technique, it's spirited enough to cover for its flaws. I love that game, for what it's worth.

It's probably best to try Bloodlines first, then go for Redemption if the setting catches you.

Last edited by haptsonir; 04-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.