View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #14
Fantasysci5
Stalker of Britain

Eeeh! Thanks guys!

kuze-Now that you mention it, I have been eying "Planescape: Torment" (and I know, I keep saying that about every game). I really have been wanting it, although I wasn't sure about gameplay. It's actually only about $10 on GOG, so it is accessible.

I'm trying to Witcher demo, and although I like the story, the combat is a bit off-putting. And Arcanum kind of sounds like The Longest Journey/Dreamfall, where technology is beginning to replace magic. Thanks so much for the recommendations, kuze!

Gonchi-Thanks for all of the recommendations! I'm not sure what I prefer, honestly. I had never heard of any of the games in your first paragraph. Sorry about the comment about Baldur's Gate. Arcanum looks cool, and I'm going to try Planescape.

You know, I don't know exactly what I want/how far back I'll go. I don't really like fighting endless creatures in caves for treasure, you know? I like plot, and killing some orcs on the way helps.

Thanks so much guys for the recommendations. I'm almost not sure where to begin since there's so many, but believe me-I will look into every single one mentioned in this thread. Thanks so much!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes