View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #35
marvio
Old timer - Adv. Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrLOL View Post
1. If I'm not enjoying it after 5 minutes....
I don't care if ppl say it will become the greatest game ever if I invest 30 minutes to it, in Hollywood they take full responsibility to get the audiance hooked immidiately so I demand that game-devs take that same responsibility.

Unfortunately almost every single adventure-game has this problem, in fact the beginning puzzles/story are usually WORSE than the rest of the puzzles/story as they consider it being "warming up the player".

I don't agree with the complaints about action/timed-sequences IF done right.
Wow, Mrlol

It sounds like you don't like AG's at all.
I think everybody here would agree they would much rather be "eased" into the story, have tons of exploration whcih reveals characters/story little by little, then to have everything handed to them in the first 5 minutes; I mean, what would you do after that? AG's ARE ABOUT finding out the story after all

@Staurt

You can always download the cracked .EXE's man, nothing wrong with that...

@everybody

I never really understood the aversion to ANY action sequences in AG's? OF course, like with anyting else, it has to be well done, and I'll grant you guys that most AG's engines don;t even allow for good action, but the idea itself is fine with me, what's up with that? Why so much hatred for it?

My perfect AG would really be a solid mix of a FPS style game, with heavy, and I mean HEAVY foucus on exploration/story/characters. Actually the FPS'es I like the best are the ones which at least make an attempt to tell a story. HL is a good example...

Hummm

Maybe an FPS was pushing it a little, now that I'm thinking of it, but I still nothing wrong with the idea of action in AG's; For example, timed sequences can add a layer of tension that could benefit a lot of AG's, just sprinkled here and there, you know? Like little highlights in a painting, or the ocassional "money note" in an opera

Last edited by marvio; 03-31-2011 at 03:43 PM.