View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 03:10 AM   #29
Gledster

Send a message via AIM to Gledster Send a message via MSN to Gledster Send a message via Yahoo to Gledster

Hmm...like many I've quite forgiving with games however, something that does REALLY bug me (although I've not stopped playing a game because of it, yet) is:

Unskippable intros/cut-scenes/dialogue.

I like to play with the subtitles on and I've quite a quick reader, so I've often finished reading a line of text before the character has finished speaking and will click past the test of the line to get to the next. If a game does not let me do this, it bugs me a little throughout the game.

Same for unskippable cut-scenes. Yeah, great the first time but if ever you have to go back for any reason and have to sit through the same cut-scene again (and possibly again) it's REALLY annoying.

Now I'm typing I've thought of another one, lack of interactivity. I almost stopped playing Sherlock Holmes The Awakened because I couldn't examine everything I wanted to. I like clicking around and hearing what a character's got to say about things, it interests me. If I can't examine everything, it's annoying.