View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #31
taterfyrings

I just got a PSP last year, and I must say that I really like it, even though the software library is nowhere near as good as the DS library. These are the games I have:

God of War: Chains of Olympus - I got this one with the unit for free, and my honest opinion is that it looks incredibly good, but that is also all it has for it. I don't really like the braindead button-mashing of the God of War-games, and I feel they try to hard to appeal to a juvenile audience, and this game does not feel like an exception to me.

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - First game I bought, and what a great game. Here you get for the first time in the west the original Rondo of Blood (not that sh*t Vampire X), which is in my opinion the best of the old-school Castlevania-games with great leveldesign, branching paths, multiple characters, lots of secrets and very challenging gameplay. And its all remade with beautiful graphics! I would say this is reason enough to get this game, but the package also include the original Turbografx CD-version, AND Symphony of the Night. Symphony of the Night, while not my personal favorite, is often regarded as the best in the series and one of the best games of all time, and it is a great must-play game for any gamers. Great package stuffed with awesome content!

LocoRoco 1 & 2 - I don't quite know how to describe these games. I guess they are plattformers, and in a way they remind me of the We Love Katamari-games for the PS2. The gameplay is not that challenging if you are not prepared to collect everything (then on the other hand, it gets really challenging), but the levels are diverse, the music is great and the humor is fantastic. Also the gameplay is really easy to learn but pretty hard to master. Definitely recommended.

Half-Minute Hero - Another fantastic PSP game that i recommend to everybody with a PSP.

Tactics Ogre - The best strategy RPG for the Super Nintendo that unfortunately never came to the west, nuff said. If you like strategy rpg's (and why wouldn't you when you have a PSP) then this is the best one to get.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - I had really high hopes for this game based on the reviews it got and my general love for the series, but I feel that the controls are simply to clunky for it to be enjoyable. Also, the story is a bit unfocused and there is to much other stuff the game asks you to do that I haven't really gotten into. I might like this more after a while though.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - I have not played it as I want to finish MGS: PO first.

Other games I will be getting includes: Persona 1-2 remakes, Final Fantasy Tactics Remake, Patapon 1-3, The Third Birthday and possibly a few others.

Might also be getting Digaea, Jeanne D'Arc and Pirates if the version for PSP is good. Anybody know anything about that?