View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
laffer

Seeing how you already seem to like the game so much, at such an early point... I can say for sure that you will absolutely love this game!

It only gets better, you're in for quite a ride

BTW! Did you read the comic that came with the game? I'm asking as I know the GoG version lacks it, so if one doesn't already know the game came with that... it's easy to miss.
It can easily be found online and if you haven't already - I highly recommend you read it!
I actually remember the 'Sierra originals' or 'Sierra classics' or whatever they were called.. those rather small boxed re-releases of Sierra games we had back in the day... the GK one included the regular game manual advising you to read the comic book before playing the game... but they hadn't included the comic book!

Then you have the brilliant sequel... the thing about it is when playing it just after having finished GK1, one can easily feel a bit put off by the dramatic change in graphics style (full motion video), especially since that means new actors for everyone and obviously more cheese. But despite that, it's also such a wonderful game... the FMV that one might find a bit offputting at first ends up feeling like an essential part of the atmosphere in this game.

The third game still puts me off a bit because of its graphics, though... I really love it and playing through it was a great experience, but with GK3 I've never been able to shake the feeling that I find it a shame they went the 3D route... the 3D graphics, because of the age of the game, are just too simplistic to create the same great atmosphere the first two games in the series have, and to me that was always one of the most imporant aspects of these games.

On the bright side, though - at least GK3 has what I find to be a brilliant control scheme... very original and it works damn well. I wish more first person adventures would use this control scheme.

Last edited by laffer; 03-26-2011 at 08:11 PM.