View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #417
laffer

So I finished the game last night, and surprisingly (to myself!) I was a bit disappointed with the ending.

Not that's it's *bad* or anything but I expected something better from Jane Jensen... not just the ending but the story in general.
While it was a great storyline, especially when compared to a lot of other games, I don't feel it holds up compared to the storylines in the GK games.
And I think I can say this isn't coming out of nostalgia, not nostalgia alone in any case... I really do feel the GK storylines are more intriguing, involving... more exciting and fun to play through.
A lot because I find the characters in the GK games a lot more interesting (not only talking about the main characters here... characters like Von Glower and many more).
They seem to have more depth in the GK games.

EDIT - when reading through my post here, I see it sounds awfully negative... just to clear it up, I do find it a really good game and I'll definitely play through it again someday... it's only disappointing when compared to Janes earlier work. On its own, it's a great game that I have no problems recommending to anyone enjoying a good storyline and nice atmopshere.