View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #38
millenia
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
Gabriel Knight 3 was a unique kind of third person
you controlled the camera as you would a first person perspective, but could then click on an area for Gabe to walk to. I actually found it to be a very good interface and it's a shame nobody's ever used it since
I already quoted you about this same thing in some other thread but once again I have to point out the truth in this. I actually remember showing the game to my bf at the time and commenting about the 3D: "it looks a bit rough but these controls are actually very good" and showing how it moves and I could look under tables and such.

Pretty much unrelated to this one more thing why I usually prefer 3rd person is because I'm a female and most protagonists are male. If I don't see the male avatar I tend to "forget" I'm playing a male and this can create some weird situations. Mostly it's just funny of course but it can break out some of that immersion and "in there"-feeling this 1st person view is supposed to create in the first place.