View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
ggreen737

Default Gemini Rue reminds me I still like ADV games....

The thick rainy atmosphere, the quick biting dialogue of a hard-boiled character, the simple interactive and intuitive game play, I remembered that I still like adventure games.

Short and sweet I just beat Gemini Rue. I used a walkthrough once for 1 very specific interaction I had to accomplish....that was it. It's been about 12 years since I've done that with an adventure game. Even my favorite adventure games of the last few years I still find myself checking a walkthrough 3-4 times, my attention and motivation just can't be held for hours on end anymore. Gemini Rue is the first game I've been completely entranced by in a LONG time. Granted it is totally my kind of game....dark and otherworldly sci-fi romp with a 1950's detective movie feel to it....and the voice acting is nearly perfect. Also the first game in a while I haven't found myself starting to click-and-skip spoken dialogue about half-way through the game.

All in all I'm reminded that ADV games are and can still be an EXPERIENCE, not just a distraction. Nevermind the crummy graphics (which actually work perfectly) this game is a must play.