Thread: Gemini Rue Demo
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #35
Ascovel
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaneas297 View Post
Actually, I meant the same thing (I didn't express it well). Lately, I watched the Godfather series remastered blu-ray. Better picture, vibrant colors and more crispy sound. What more can you ask for?

And since they keep doing it with all good old movies, it means that the majority likes this. Both old and new audience of the film.

An ancient ornament/vase/tool doesn't have to be semi-broken/damaged/faded in order to appreciated as old.
Your comparison makes little sense. Old movies are remastered to look as closely as possible to how they looked in cinemas back when they were released. Except for Star Wars and some Director's Cuts they don't have changed color palettes, new special effects, new scenes introduced etc.

And in those few special cases the changes introduced usually result in controversy and a good amount of backlash - people normally want the films to stay as they were at the the time of the initial run. Even if the original director changes his/hers mind later on.

Also, this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlblair View Post
We're not talking about a remastered classic but a modern game that made the conscious decision to go with a retro-style look.

Last edited by Ascovel; 02-28-2011 at 12:15 PM.