Thread: Dragon Age 2
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 02:14 AM   #10
rayvio

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverscreen View Post
I hope this will take at least a little more than 3 days to play through :p
Otherwise I would have wasted my time since I always find that pretty disappointing if I finish the game this quick
if you mean the demo I'm pretty sure you'll be disapointed

kidding aside, if you finished Origins that fast I'm sure you missed out on a lot of content. firstly there's a lot of optional side quests, and while some are generic "go to map point, kill stuff, come back and get reward" variety there's also some with a lot of depth and story to them
it's also one of the most replayable games I've ever played. six different Origins (human noble, city elf, dalish elf, dwarf noble, dwarf commoner, mage) which as well as having unique prologues also have an impact (some minor, some rather more significant) on later parts of the game and different epilogue possibilities
then there's the fact that there's so many decisions with multiple choices which can make subsequent playthroughs very different, plus all these decisions are imported into future content (causing some minor changes in Awakening and Witch Hunt and promising a lot of variety in DA2 imports not to mention future DA titles)

also thanks to the toolset there's a huge collection of player made mods (shame our console brethren miss out on these though) many of which are very high quality
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus