View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #83
drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h30n View Post
You ain't the only one. I'm still on Chapter #2. Currently exploring Arcadia
Same here. Hope I can finish tonight (reality... tsss )

Nevertheless, a few first notes and thoughts from my side. I refer to duality again.
In the cinema Cortez is talking about new and old films and questions and answers (especially the second opposition makes it very obvious for me that one side always needs its contrary)

And in this chapter we have the
Spoiler:
first
trip to the other world.

In the video sequence, in which April enters Arcadia she seems to split up somehow. One “shadow” stays behind, the other one goes on… (or probably, we can just call this a special effect without any meaning…)

If I am not mistaken in this chapter the most important word of the game is mentioned for the first time - balance.

I like the reference to Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland in this chapter (because I like Alice in Wonderland very much). In my opinion a further interpretation would show many similarities between Alice’s and April’s adventures.

Regarding Christan IV’s post I would also like to add a short statement:
My interpretation of TLJ (and the real world) is not that rising complexity, new technology etc. are the main reasons for problems and "decay". It is more the loss of balance (in TLJ we see that dreams can interfere with reality or let’s consider the opposition of magic versus technique). Of course, technological progress can have an influence on the balance (easier communication facilities bring “disturbing” news faster into public and can cause faster reactions…), but not really CAUSE these problems.

So, in conclusion, I think that TLJ shows us that the main reason of interference is not the existence of something new, but the way we handle, act, react etc.

I am afraid I am digressing again…