View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #42
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyB View Post

Agreed. Maybe even more importantly, even if it is possible to skip dialogue, why on earth would you choose to do it?!?
Because there's a lot of superfluous dialogue. And there are other ways to implement the more important parts as you know. (Split the dialogues, keep those short. Character back stories can be included in the manual, or "shown" - not told - in the game, preferably when it is needed to advance the plot) .
I had forgotten the primitive character models that were pretty common in those days (someone on the web said that April looked like a zombie). Though it doesn't matter at all in a game like this.
Was indeed nice to be in Newport again (after the beautiful prologue). The idle people in the park. The clustered game world when the game starts, discovering the way to travel (subway).
Could check the easter egg in the "Border House" ( of course) now (flat screen). Noticed this time that an animation at the square took too long (it takes place before and after your bar visit - unlikely): the skaters getting arrested. I realize now too how strange the water/machine puzzle is outside the Border House (to get a rubber ducky?).
Didn't notice the first time that there was no fading between the settings. It runs smoothly (unlike a recent game like Gray Matter). Can't remember if the game had longer loading times when it was played on the computers we had when it came out. But overall of course: what a treat. Three new games on my comp - but I couldn't resist this playthrough.